National Loan and Exchange Building

Greenwood's second fireproof office building, the National Loan and Exchange Building, was constructed in 1914 on the site of the old Oregon Hotel, which burned in 1912. The National Loan and Exchange Building became known as the Hodges Building in 1936, and was later renamed the Greenwood Building. The rebuilt Oregon Hotel can be be seen behind the bank at the left side of the picture. On the right is the post office, later to become the Federal Building.


Next: Reaching higher on the east side...